Welcome to our new web site!

To give our readers a chance to experience all that our new website has to offer, we have made all content freely avaiable, through October 1, 2018.

During this time, print and digital subscribers will not need to log in to view our stories or e-editions.

Carroll County Sheriff’s Reports


Drug Violation — Michael James Gukeisen, 35, of 1518 Terry Road, Huntingdon, was charged on a drug, narcotic violation on July 30.

Deputy Steven Scott observed a Dodge pickup with a plate violation and conducted a traffic stop. During the stop and after speaking with the driver, who was identified as Gukeisen, Deputy Scott requested consent to search the vehicle and was given consent. During the search Deputy Scott was able to locate 1.5 grams of methamphetamines in the driver’s vehicle.

Drug Violation — Heather Ford, 46, of 340 Batey Lane, Bruceton, was charged with a drug, narcotic violation during an active warrant traffic stop on July 31.

Deputy Chance Townes recognized Charles Jackson, 53, of Buena Vista as having an active warrant and signaled his blue lights immediately. On Ledsinger Road the vehicle slowed and then stopped near a corn field, and the passenger fled on foot through the corn field. Deputy Townes was unable to locate the passenger’s whereabouts in the field, so he returned to talk to the driver of the vehicle, who was identified as Ford. After given consent to search the driver’s vehicle, Deputy Townes charged Ford with possession of schedule II methamphetamine with an estimated value of $50.

Drug Violation — Kenneth Wayne Cherry Jr., 34, of 126 Gin Street, Huntingdon, was stopped during a traffic stop on August 1 for his vehicle’s temporary tags being installed incorrectly.

Deputy Cody Walker performed a traffic stop when he noticed the temporary tags were installed incorrectly and out of date. Deputy Walker was able to correctly identify the driver as Ms. Lindsey Cary and the passenger as Mr. Kenneth Wayne Cherry, Jr. During a write-up for a warning ticket, Ms. Cary informed Deputy Walker it was Mr. Cherry’s vehicle. Deputy Walker requested consent from Mr. Cherry to search his vehicle and his person and was granted consent. While searching Mr. Cherry’s wallet, Deputy Walker was able to locate 0.2 grams of heroin folded up in a dollar bill.

Theft, Property Damage — Deputies are looking into the recent break-in reported from a local residence out on Brooks Road in Atwood around 9 p.m. on July 29.

Brian Edwards reported being gone from his home for 1-2 hours and coming home to see his front door kicked in and found that some items from his residence had been stolen. These items together were valued at $710 and consisted of property damage as well. Mr. Edwards reported his medications being pilfered through two items stolen, his 65-inch LG TV and two silver necklaces.

Drug Violation — Lucas Riley Bushart, 27, of 1401 HWY 641 S, Paris, was arrested on July 30 for possession.

Deputy Steven Scott responded to a call about a White Ford F150 swerving up and down Highway 79 in Trezevant, and the deputy was able to locate the vehicle pulled over on the side of the road near Little General in Trezevant. The driver was identified as Lucas Bushart, who was asleep with needles laid out in the vehicle. Deputy Scott asked Mr. Bushart to step out of the vehicle and give identification. When Mr. Bushart opened his wallet, two small bags containing a powder-like substances almost fell out. Deputy Scott confirmed the substance as 11.8 grams of heroin. Deputy Scott then arrested Mr. Bushart for possession of heroin.

Firearm Violation — Tristan John Roberts, 23, of 3655 Westport Road, Huntingdon, was charged with two counts of unlawful possession of a firearm.

On August 1, Deputy Cody Walker responded to a call at a residence reporting a camera being stolen. When deputy Cody Walker arrived at the address, the homeowner said Mr. Tristan Roberts lived in the mobile home behind the house of the actual address. The homeowner informed the deputy Mr. Roberts may have firearms and is an active felon. The homeowner thought Mr. Roberts may have taken the camera. Sgt. Smith and Deputy Walker knocked on Mr. Roberts’s door, who answered and admitted to being an active felon on probation. Deputy Walker then asked Mr. Roberts if there were any firearms in the residence to which Mr. Roberts stated no. Deputy Walker advised Mr. Roberts he was going to search the residence, and Mr. Roberts admitted to having firearms in the residence. Sergeant Smith and Deputy Walker then recovered two firearms, a .38 special revolver and a Colt 380, both being black in color. Deputy Walker charged Tristan Roberts with two counts of unlawful possession of a firearm, then transported him to Carroll county jail for booking.

Public Intoxication — Ashton Makul Ridley, 20, of 19 S Main Street, McKenzie was charged for public intoxication at around 2:30 a.m. on July 31.

Deputy Cody Coleman initiated a traffic stop on a silver BMW due to the registration plates coming back to a black BMW. The vehicle came to a stop at a residence in McKenzie, and the driver was identified as Hayden Ridley. Upon contact of the vehicle, Deputy Coleman advised Hayden Ridley and the three other occupants of the vehicle that he could smell a marijuana scent coming from the vehicle. Deputy Coleman advised Hayden Ridley that he was going to conduct a search of each passenger. Hayden Ridley informed Deputy Coleman that they had previously smoked and no longer had any marijuana in the vehicle. Deputy Coleman conducted a search of each passenger one by one. The front seat passenger, Ashton Ridley, grabbed the door handle to exit the vehicle and began to flee on foot towards Walnut Avenue. When Ashton Ridley began to flee, Deputy Coleman pulled out his Taser, making contact at around 20 feet, causing Ridley to fall to the ground. Deputy Mark Boaz arrived at the scene during this time. Ridley broke the connection of the Taser prongs, allowing him to flee on foot once more. Deputy Boaz continued to pursue Ridley on foot but lost him near a tree line. Deputy Coleman finished conducting his search and was unable to locate anything. Other units were able to locate Ashton Ridley on a front porch in Walnut Circle. Deputy Hamilton made the arrest and brought Ridley back to the scene. Ridley had a strong odor of intoxicant coming off his person and seemed to be slurring his words, which led deputies to believe Ridley was under the influence. Deputy Hamilton charged Ridley with resisting and public intoxication. Ridley was released on bond after a mandatory 8-hour stay in the Carroll County Jail. The other three passengers of the vehicle were released from the scene.

Domestic, Aggravated Assault — Terry Ray McBride, 51, of 70 Bryant Street, Trezevant, was charged with public intoxication, aggravated burglary, domestic assault, and resisting arrest.

On July 31 at around 3:40 a.m., Deputy Coleman, Deputy Hamilton, and Deputy Boaz all responded to a 911 call from Kathy Decker, 59, of 70 Bryant St. in Trezevant about a domestic incident involving McBride. Decker stated Mr. McBride broke into her home while she was sleeping and woke her saying nonsense and making her fear for her own safety. Kathy Decker said Mr. McBride was asking her questions as to “Why did you do this to me?” and “Do you want to live?” Ms. Decker stated Mr. McBride said he wanted to be in heaven together. Upon arrival at the address, deputies observed Terry McBride crossing Bryant street and headed towards his residence. Deputies Hamilton and Coleman called out to Mr. McBride and asked him to stop and come talk to the deputies. McBride continued toward his residence. Deputy Coleman advised him to stop and talk to them. Terry McBride stopped and faced the deputies while standing in the doorway of his residence. Deputies grabbed McBride and advised him to put his hands behind his back, and he refused while pulling away. Deputy Coleman managed to take McBride down to the ground and force him onto his stomach. McBride was still resisting arrest, and that led to the deputies forcing his hands behind his back and into cuffs. Deputy Coleman transported McBride to Carroll County Jail In Huntingdon, where he served his mandatory 12 hours due to domestic assault and declined his agreement for bail. Terry McBride was then held without bail until he could see Judge Logan.


No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here